Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Zetron, a JVCKenwood company
Vice President, Public Safety Policy
President & CEO
Mission Critical Partners
Vice President, External Affairs
West Safety Services
Director - Applications Product Strategy
9-1-1/Government Business Development Manager
Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing
TriTech Software Systems
Homeland/National Security Programs
Safety and Security Technologies
Comtech Telecommunications Corp
Director, LTE Center of Excellence
President and Founder
The Digital Decision
President & CEO
Asst. Vice President - Federal Regulatory
President and Owner
The unique value represented by membership in iCERT, the only commercial sector trade association focused exclusively on the emergency response technologies sector, your industry!
At iCERT, our mission is one that you can most assuredly relate to; we are the voice of the commercial sector in the emergency response technologies field. iCERT plays an important role as the voice of companies on issues impacting the emergency response system. Our members believe that business leaders' expertise can assist public policymakers and government emergency communications professionals as they address complex choices regarding advanced communications technology alternatives in the years ahead. Through advocacy, research, and in coordination with the public sector, iCERT plays a vital role in the development and deployment of emergency response technologies.
Through membership in iCERT, companies can and do:
- Advance public policies that will decrease the cost of doing business in the emergency response sector and create new business opportunities for iCERT's members;
- Conduct research to solve systemic industry problems and promote long term growth across the industry;
- Promote increased sales through direct engagement with public safety stakeholders and prospective customers; and
- Develop industry relationships that facilitate partnerships and alliances in furtherance of corporate goals.
Unlike professional associations where individuals must join and maintain memberships, iCERT's members are companies, the full commercial enterprises, where many company employees can participate in iCERT activities under the banner of the member company. iCERT's committees and key-issue working groups provide excellent avenues for engagement and industry-wide impactful leadership and contributions to the cause of advancing emergency calling and communications technologies.
Key program efforts and activities underway at iCERT, for which member company involvement and participation can be beneficial include:
- Joint forums on important policy and technical issues in conjunction with the public sector
- Ongoing coordination with FirstNet on public safety broadband
- Presentation opportunities through iCERT at national and global public safety and government-focused events and webinars
- Opportunities to offer articles to well-known trade publications through the association
- Crafting of industry-focused insights and guidance to regulatory and legislative processes
- Opportunities to contribute learned experiences and insights to iCERT publications
- Unique market picture briefings for individual member companies
- Our annual membership meeting, where key industry content is presented by nationally and globally recognized experts
- Research reports, such as our study of America's readiness for transition to IP-based emergency calling
And, on a regular basis, iCERT members receive the following value-added exclusive benefits:
- Regular updates of interest on important industry happenings
- Weekly industry news roundup
- Monthly procurement trends recap and analysis
- Annual market analysis, crafted in conjunction with Deltek
- 5% discount on critical communications research reports by IHS
- Market analysis presented through iCERT webinars
As a business leader in our industry, I'm sure you will recognize the value in being part of a dynamic community where you can share and exchange insights and expertise as you connect with your industry peers and to public safety professionals. Engaging with key public officials raises our members' national and global profiles and we connect regularly and deeply with other associations in the field, thus enhancing member companies' reach and presence.
As a member of iCERT, companies benefit because it:
- Helps keep businesses at the cutting edge of industry news and on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends in the marketplace;
- Projects a positive image of a company to its customers; shows a business' initiative and engagement across the industry;
- Provides access to a network of likeminded businesses, offering prospects for partnerships and collaboration;
- Offers members the ability to help shape the industry and drive it forward, including the opportunity to influence legislation and regulations; and
- Offers opportunities to preside in leadership roles in the industry, and access to seminars, conferences, events, and to members-only offers.
Joining and maintaining membership in iCERT means you're not alone. iCERT represents the best of the emergency communications industry, advocating for enhanced funding for emergency calling, bringing leaders together to share visions of a safer, more secure world through better communications, and studying the emergency communications arena and sharing expertise with other stakeholders.
iCERT is the only organization that brings the entire industry together. Why? Because when we speak with one voice, we are effective, representative and influential.