Ransomware Attacks - NIST Issues Protection Guidance
May 13, 2021
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) advisory documents - how to avoid ransomware attacks - how to recover:
Steps organizations can take to avoid attacks:
(1) Use antivirus software at all times;
(2) Keep computers fully patched;
(3) Block access to ransomware sites;
(4) Allow only authorized apps;
(5) Restrict personally-owned devices;
(6) Use standard user accounts;
(7) Avoid using personal apps on work computers; and
(8) Beware of unknow sources.
Steps organizations can take to recover:
(1) Make an incident recovery plan with defined roles and strategies for decision-making;
(2) Back up and restore data based on a defined strategy; and
(3) Maintain a list of up-to-date internal and external contacts, including law enforcement.
More NIST Articles / Information
Click Image Below For PDF - View / Download
Seculore (iCERT Member)
CrowdStrike’s® latest guide (requires registration) breaks down topics you need to know in order to protect your biz, including:
The top 5 cybersecurity misconceptions that put you at risk
Real-world examples of cyberattacks and how businesses overcame them
How the right combination of technology, people, and processes can offer the best protection
Liability and Cyber Security Issues for Emergency Communications and ResponseThis report provides an array of insights into matters associated with liability and cyber security, for government agencies and commercial enterprises, as both endeavor to deliver emergency calling and response services.